Tieoplo Sky

Tieoplo Sky
Tiepolo Clouds

Friday, July 10, 2020

Friday, July 10, 2020

                  ________________Psalm 16:1b_


I said 
to the 
 Lord 
 “You 
  are 
  my 
  Lord, my good above all other.


I have little 3x3 pieces of paper that I keep in the kitchen which are perfect for writing little reminders and my mediation verse. I had written this verse as a possibility on one - it was, after all, the first verse of the first psalm, and I was not sure that it was the one, when a hummingbird came to check out the feeder. “Nu uh!!” as my daughter says emphatically. There’s nectar there but it’s apparently yuck, and has been for some time. "I need to replace it," which I think every day, so this time I went in to write a note to myself so it would actually get done. I inherited list making from both parents. 

As I picked up the piece of paper I saw on the  back this partial image, (I had a TON of files I used for bulletins in days gone by which I am now repurposing) and The Little Voice said  “Get another for the note.  Thi sone if your  image.” It was the opposite of what I would have imagined for myself. " I hear hat a lot," he chuckeled. But today at least I was smart enough not to argue and just came in and got to work. Or play. Or whatever this is. It makes me laugh because he is, in such tiny, intimate ways and in large, cosmic ones, “My Lord, my good above all other.” 

And now back to Morning Prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment