Tieoplo Sky

Tieoplo Sky
Tiepolo Clouds

Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Tuesday, July 28, 2020

I sat out back to do my meditation - my summer prayer place - and I thought I would just take a look at the lection-ary to see if there was a particular focus. And there surely was - one of my favorites! Psalm 62:1. I even took and edited a picture and I thought, "Done!" 

                      ________________________Psalm 62:1a_
  

 

For 

 God 

  alone

   my 

    soul

      in 

       silence 

         waits.  

 

But no, neither it nor I was done, as in check it off the list and move happily on, quite self-satisfied, No, it was more like Checkmate! "It is a lovely verse, but it's not todays" the Voice whispered kindly. I contuniued on, found my verse, spoke it to Siri (that quintessent-ial pagan scribe heard it as "forgot the loan!" Our hearing is so often garbled,) and read on through Morning Prayer. The Gospel reading was the crucifix-ion and the verse clicked into place. When I came in to compose the blog, I still I had no image. I tried “wooden cross,” envisioning maybe a close up of the place where the 2 planks meet,  but the first image I saw was this one and I went on by, thinking "NU-UH!" with the absolute conviction of my daughter’s voice. “No, really - it’s prefect” God insisted, and chuckled. And it was. God does good work. 

                         ________________________Psalm 62:13_ 


    God 

    has 

    spoken 

    once, 

    twice

      have I heard it, 

        that power belongs to God. 

                                        When I finished the blog 

I saw that the first verse was not a mistake at all 

but a stepping stone.   “Better work than you 

even knew, huh?!”  God laughed "I don't al-

ways just "blot out." Sometimes I  Utilize

Have you understood all this?" 

Yes, I happily said, and  

 he laughed again. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment