Tieoplo Sky

Tieoplo Sky
Tiepolo Clouds

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Last Sudnay in October

                                                                 Collect of the Day 
In-crease in us the gifts of faith, hope and charity and, that we may obtain what you promise,
make us love what you command 
                 I finished this and started to go away, but came back and struggled with it. I Really don’t like the feel of MAKE US LOVE what you command.  I DO NOT LIKE  the brute force feel of it since God never forces. True, the choices are sometimes pretty stark - choose this day between life and death, between what Leads to life and what Leads to death...  And sometimes we go a ways own the wrong path That seems to be how we learn that it’s the wrong path....Think of the beloved Peter blurting out, on the night before Jesus died, “Damnit! I don’t even KNOW the guy!”  
                 So I tried changing it - I tired ENABLE US to love, HELP US to love, MAY WE love and SHOW US HOW to love. And in the end, I finally decided that “make us love” contains all of that. Commands there are but abiding help is always there too. Another verse that was a possibility today was Haggai 2:5: "My spirit abides among you, do not fear." Among you. a whole other train f thought! For another day

No comments:

Post a Comment