Tieoplo Sky

Tieoplo Sky
Tiepolo Clouds

Monday, March 2, 2015

St Chad, Bishop of Lichfield, 672

                                                         Psalm 56:3,4a
When-ever 
I am afraid, I put my trust in you. In God, whose word I praise, 
in God I trust and will  not be afraid...

Sr Chad 
was trained by 
St Aidan of Lindersfarne 
as a follower of Celtic Christianity.  Remember 
that Council of Whitby, 
which chose the Roman 
form over the Celtic, was in 680. Nonetheless, Chad, 
was  re-ordained according  
to the Roman tradition hen Theodore was Archbishop of Canterbury, (668-690) the 
sixth to serve  after  Pope Gregory sent Augustine to Canterbury in 594. Augustine had come thinking he was bringing Christianity to the Isles, but found Celtic Christianity already well established.



No comments:

Post a Comment