Tieoplo Sky

Tieoplo Sky
Tiepolo Clouds

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

The Feast of St Patrick

                                   St Patrick’s breastplate 
                                                (Hymn 370, v. 4,5)

I bind unto myself today
the power of God to hold and lead, his eye to watch, his might to stay, his ear to hearken to my need; the wisdom of my God to teach, his hand to guard, his shield to ward,
the Word of God to give 
me speech, his heavenly 
host to be my guard. 

I bind unto myself today
the virtues of the starlit heaven,
the glorious sun’s life-giving ray,
 the whiteness of the moon at even,
 the flashing of the lightening free,
the whirling wind’s tempestuous shocks,  the stable earth, 
the deep salt sea, 
around the old eternal rocks.. 

I bind unto myself today
the strong name of the Trinity,
 by invocation of the same,
the Three in One, and One in Three. 

Pray this St Patrick’s 
Day for a renewed commit-ment to the natural world, that 
we may be faithful stewards of its beauty and it resources for all who come after us.  

No comments:

Post a Comment