Tieoplo Sky

Tieoplo Sky
Tiepolo Clouds

Friday, October 14, 2016

Samuel Isaac Joseph Schereschewsky Bishop of Shanghai, 1831-1906*

                                                            Psalm 16:8,9







 
have 
set 
the 
Lord 
always 
before 
me; be-
cause he is 
at my right hand 
  I shall not fall. My heart there-
     fore is glad, and my spirit rejoices;
              my body also shall rest in hope. 
 
Grant us, we pray, to com-mit our lives and talents 
to you, in the confidence that when you give your servants any work to do, you also supply the strength to do it     - Collect 
* As we sneak up on All Saints Day, 
I was reminded today that the Bishop was favorite saint of 
George Higgins because after 
becoming paralyzed, he cont-
inued his work, completing  
his translation of the Bible 
into the vernacular using 
one finger of one hand.   

For the saints of God are just folk like me, and I mean to be one too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment