Tieoplo Sky

Tieoplo Sky
Tiepolo Clouds

Saturday, October 15, 2016

Teresa of Avila 1515 -1582, Carmelite nun and one of the few “Doctors of the Church” in the Roman tradition….

                                    Based on Psalm 22:6  

you 
will 
give 
me 
ever-
lasting 
felicity 
and 
will make me glad 
with the joy of your presence





kindle in 
us a keen 
and un-
quenchable 
longing for true holiness. 

 I was going to render this verse in the plural us/we/our. Seemed right. But then The Little Voice asked “Is it addressed 
to a group or to an individual?” Oh. Right. 
And I changed it to the personal pronoun….   
"Mental prayer, in my opinion,
wrote St Teresa,”is nothing else than 
an intimate sharing between friends; it means  
taking time frequently to be alone with Him 
                           who we know loves us.”


No comments:

Post a Comment