Tieoplo Sky

Tieoplo Sky
Tiepolo Clouds

Thursday, October 15, 2020

Thursday, 15 October, 2020*

                                                       Psalm 18:1a

 



  

love 

you,

Lord, 

my 

strength


 *Teresa of Avila, 1515–1582 

Spanish Carmelite, 

mystic, reformer, 

founder of 17 

convents, ad-

ministrator 

& author


My favorite story about Teresa who  may well be apocray-

phal: one day while traveling between convents, her 

carriage went into the ditch. She reported got out 

of the overturned carriage, shook her fist at the 

sky and said “God if his is the way you treat 

your friends, it’s no wonder you have so

few!” I doubt that it’s accurate but I 

think it’ rings true - at least to me 

it speaks so loudly of an auth-

entic, full-bodied relation-

ship with the God whom 

she loved.


No comments:

Post a Comment