Tieoplo Sky

Tieoplo Sky
Tiepolo Clouds

Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Wednesday, October 21, 2020​

  ___Psalm 119:54___  


 







Your  

statutes 

have 

been 

like 

songs 

to me 

whereever 

I have lived 

as a stranger.


 This 

is just 

yakkety 

yak: sat

 down outside 

with my coffee 

this morning to say 

my prayers and had 

just read this verse, when 

again noticed  the empty 

hummingbird feeder. It’s been 

empty for weeks, maybe months 

now and whenever I notice I’m in 

the middle of doing something else.I 

make note of it and then forg-et again… 

Today was hte day.  As I was going about 

those simple tasks -   bringing the feeder in, 

cleaning it out and boiling the nectar, I real-

ized that this is my verse. And it fits perfectly. 

Although I’ve lived physically in this same house 

for 40 years, we are all living as strangers in these

days of  racial in/justice and  long-hidden  systemic 

white entitlement, the increasing awareness of the danger of climate change, our unprecedented po-

litical sit-uation, choas and divisive-ness. Oh yes, 

and the glo-bal  pandemic of a novel coronavi-

rus that seems to be out of control with no

national strategy,  and the attendant 

economic consequences.Add to that I

am a mid-20th-century person try-

ing to navigate through this all 

n a language - technology - 

which is not my native 

tongue. All of which 

just says it’s the 

perfect verse - 

not surpri-

singing-

ly, since 

God 

picked it,

but still sur-

prising to me. 

Oh, the humming

bird feeder was re-

plenished and up again  

before I reached the end of Morning Prayer.


No comments:

Post a Comment