Tieoplo Sky

Tieoplo Sky
Tiepolo Clouds

Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Tuesday, 27 October, 2020

                           _________________________Psalm 45:4_

 

 



         Ride 

      out 

   and 

conquer

in the 

 cause of

   truth  

       and 

          for the  sake of justice.


I knew that was my verse right away 

but, not wanting it to be, I read stead-

fastly on, hoping to find something else 

I am becoming  increasingly allergic to bib-

lical language like this - conquering, dominat-

ing, forcing, overpowering. … it just doesn’t so-

und like the Jesus I know, like the God I wish to ma-

ke known. Not that the Bugger doesn’t get his way! It’s 

not that at all…  But churches have done incalculable 

harm by preaching this “God”- a huge portion of the 

people I've met coming into recovery want nothing 

to do with Him be-cause they have been told that 

he is mean and demandng and  vindictive.And, 

WHO needs that when you’re ALREADY trap-

ped in hell? (I know gentle Jesus who never 

makes any demands isn’t the One I know 

either but you can’t bifurcate  Him.It’s, 

as they say, complicated, but critical.  

Not withstanding all of that, in my 

heart I knew that what was the 

verse that was given. I began 

to acquiesce -ok, I flat out 

gave in & then the image 

and that settled it. So 

I finished Morning Pr-

ayer, not looking but 

having found.  

No comments:

Post a Comment